About Indira College of Engineering & Management
Indira College of Engineering and Management, Pune is an AICTE approved engineering college, established in 2007 under the umbrella of Indira Group of Institutes. The institute is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, recognized by Government of Maharashtra and is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
ICEM, one of the best NAAC accredited engineering colleges in Pune, has laid its foundation in the serene and picturesque settings of Parandwadi Village of Maval Taluka, which was then dried in terms of educational and infrastructural facilities. With the untiring efforts of the management, this engineering college in Pune has been successful in creating educational and economic possibilities in the nearby rural areas. It has also made possible positive results in empowering people from surrounding rural communities and has been a torch-bearer in providing the refined education system.
Indira College of Engineering and Management, Pune constitutes of 1500+ students pursuing their UG and PG degree in Engineering and Management courses. At present, the college offers undergraduate engineering programs, namely Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and post-graduate Engineering and Management programs, namely M.E in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering- Specialization: Communication Network, M.E in Mechanical Engineering – Specialization: Heat Power, M.E in Computer Engineering.
Indira College of Engineering and Management, Pune has maintained a perfect balance between the theory and the practical aspects of the learning process, with the theoretical inputs being adequately supplemented by practical components as case studies, fieldwork, industry visits, interaction with professionals and project study. Several industrial tours organized by the institute help the students get exposed to industry practices, skills demanded, management practices, industry expectations, and market opportunities. Such Industry – Institute Interaction keeps the students abreast with the latest technology to help them meet the competitive standards of the industry.
The students are selected for scholar club based on their past performance in academics. They are given exceptional inputs in Academic Excellence, Interpersonal Skills enhancement, Entrepreneurship, Career Awareness, Ethics, Etiquette, and Presentation Skills.
The Distinct features that make Indira College of Engineering and Management Pune one of the best NAAC accredited engineering colleges are the skilled pathfinders along with Strong Industry Institute Interaction and MoU’s with the University of Nottingham, Malaysia, and several Industries.
Distinct features at Indira College of Engineering & Management
- Highly qualified and skilled teaching staff with industry experience
- MoU with University of Nottingham, Malaysia.
- Strong Industry Institute Interaction & MoU with many Industries
- Domain-oriented international Technical Certifications
- Scholar club for students career elevation and academic enrichment
- Well-equipped workshop & sophisticated laboratories
- Well stocked library with many online & digital journals
- Care club to a Counsel & Mentor students for personal counselling & mentoring
- Computer Laboratory with 100mbps internet facility. Wi-Fi connectivity adds to the exclusivity.
- Separate Boys and Girls hostel with mess facility.
- Very good and Hygienic canteen facility, Recreation hall, Sports and Gym Facilities.
- Efficient transport system connecting our campus with various hubs of Pune.
- Class room with all advanced training pedagogies
- Regular industrial visits and educational tours
Activities at Indira College of Engineering & Management
• Hosting the Indira International Innovation summit & Indira Engineering Excellence Awards.
• Hosted a global TedX event -TedXICEMPUNE on the theme ”Beyond the Epilogue.”
• Indira College of Engineering and Management, Pune organizes Guest Lectures, Seminars, Field visits and workshop by eminent personalities
• Participation in national level events such as SAE Supra, Smart India Hackathon
• Participation in intercollegiate competitions like model making, Technical quiz, projects & Technical activities.
• Industrial visits and exhibitions such as ROBOCON, SAE INDIA
• Imparting training in soft skills & certification for spoken English
• Value-added program (VAP) & Content beyond syllabus coaching.
• Scholar club students are given exceptional inputs in Academic Excellence,
• Interpersonal Skills enhancement, Entrepreneurship, Career Awareness,
• Ethics, Etiquette, and Presentation Skills& content beyond syllabus coaching.
ICEM Engineering Branches
Engineering Admission Procedure
The engineering admission process after 12th will be done as per the rules prescribed by the Admission regulating Authority /Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra.
|COURSE||SANCTIONED INTAKE (SI)||TFWS (Other than SI)||EWS (Other than SI)||J&K
Other than SI)
|CAP (With in SI)||INSTITUTE LEVEL(With in SI)|
|ME (Comp) Computer Engineering||18||NA||NA||NA||14||04|
|ME (E&TC) Communication Networks||18||NA||NA||NA||14||04|
|ME (Mechanical )Heat Power Engineering||18||NA||NA||NA||14||04|
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Admission:
An interested candidate seeking engineering admission in Maharashtra must be a citizen of India. A candidate opting for engineering 1st-year admission is stated eligible if he/she has passed class 12th exam of CBSC/HSC/ICSE board with min 50% for open category, 45% for backward class from any state in India. A candidate also has to have a valid positive score in either of the examinations MH-CET/JEE-Mains, can apply for an engineering admission process.
Documents required for engineering admission in Maharashtra :
1. JEE / CET / Qualifying Examination Score Card
2. 10th Standard/CBSE/Equivalent Exam Mark sheet
3. 12th Standard/CBSE/Equivalent Exam Mark sheet
4. Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate
5. Proof of Indian Nationality / Domicile Certificate
6. Caste Certificate (If applicable)
7. Caste Validity (If applicable)
8. Non Creamy layer Certificate (If applicable)
9. Special Economic Backward Class Certificate (If applicable )
Engineering college admission Procedure
A candidate seeking engineering admission in Maharashtra to the first year & engineering indirect 2nd year are expected to register their applications on the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Maharashtra web portal. Below are the steps MANDATORY as per the rules published by the “Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions and Fees) Act, 2017 for and further notification dated April 24, 2017.
Steps for Engineering college online admission
1. Candidates are required to register on the DTE web portal.
2. Candidates are expected to verify the documents after uploading it on the portal, followed by confirmation of Application Form for engineering admissions to be done at authorized form acceptance centers.
Seat allocation for engineering admission Maharashtra 2020
1. The Directorate of Technical Education will allot CAP Seats – 80% of the engineering admission seats through the Central Admission Process (CAP).
2. The Institute will allot institute Level Seats – 20% of the engineering seats.
3. Against CAP Seats – Seats that will remain vacant after the closing of the CAP Rounds will be reopened for allocation at the Institute Level.
Engineering admission criteria for Direct 2nd-year admission
The Candidate opting for engineering 2nd-year admission should be an Indian Citizen.
Candidate must have completed Diploma Course in Engineering and Technology with at least 45% marks (40% marks for Backward class categories students and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) in appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology from an (AICTE) All India Council for Technical Education or Central or State Government approved Institution or its equivalent for securing engineering 2nd-year admission.
Candidate must have Passed B.Sc. Degree from a University Grants Commission (UGC) or Association of Indian Universities recognized University with at least 45% marks (40% marks for Backward class categories students and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) & must have passed HSC with Mathematics as a subject: Provided that students belong to this category shall clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the (FE) first-year Engineering Program laterally with all second-year subjects for securing engineering 2nd-year admission.
Engineering college fees structure
|Academic Year||Year of Admission||Category||Tuition fee||Dev. Fee||Students’ Activity Fee||Uni. Fee||Total Fee|
|F.E. & D.S.E.||2019-20||Open||93694||10306||1000||1347||106347|
|OBC / EBC||46847||10306||1000||1347||59500|
|ST, NTVJ, SBC||0||10306||1000||1347||12653|
|J & K||24000||0||1000||1847||26847|
Indira Group of Institutes (IGI) under the aegis of Shree Chanakya Education Society (SCES) began in 1994, under Dr. Tarita Shankar’s visionary leadership, has been taking concerted and innovative efforts to develop and nurture varied skills of our students for their holistic development through intensive training.
Indira College of Engineering and Management, Pune is AICTE approved engineering college & one of the best NAAC accredited engineering colleges in Pune, offers a four years full-time course to pursue Bachelor of Engineering also a two years full-time course after Engineering degree to offer Masters in Engineering.
ICEM being one of the best engineering colleges Pune is located in Maval‘s serene and picturesque landscape, a few minutes ‘ walks from Mumbai-Pune Express. The entire campus is spread over 40 acres, 10 acres of which are dedicated to Engineering. ICEM maintains state-of-the-art working environments to help our students fulfill commercial expectations to reach academic standards.
The placement cell at our Institute has proven to be remarkable by providing spectacular careers to the budding engineers based on their interests and capabilities in the chosen streams. The Talent management department under placement cell conducts various training programs and knowledge sharing sessions regularly to ensure adequate preparedness of the students before embarking their professional journey.
The placement team at our College is being one of the best in NAAC accredited engineering colleges of Pune, endeavors to provide 100% placement assistance to all genuinely deserving & eligible students, ensuring a fair representation of companies from the manufacturing and IT Industries.
Institute takes pride in its associations with the brands like Force Motors, Vanderlinde, Infosys, Mindtree, Xoriant, Vascon Engineers, Atos Syntel, LTI, Hettich, GKN, JK Tyres, Bridgestone and around 250+ corporates.
Highest Salary Offered 14 Lakhs
Average Salary Offered 3.75 Lakhs
Lowest Salary Offered 2.5 Lakhs
ICEM Awards and Accolades
1. Indira College of Engineering & Management has been accredited by National Assessment & accreditation council with B++ Grade.
2. ICEM Ranked 61st in Top 140 Engineering Institute Ranking Survey -2019 by Times Engineering Institute (TOI)
3. ICEM Ranked 49th in Top 100 Private Engineering Institute Ranking 2019 by TOI 2019.
4. Team “Pegasuss” students of Computer Department of Engineering ICEM bagged the First Position -cash prize of Rs. 75,000/-at Smart India Hackathon -A National Level Hackathon, an initiative by Ministry of HRD, 2019.
5. Team Alchemist of Mechanical Engineering Department is the racing winner of the CAE Award in SAE-SUPRA 2019, held in New Delhi.
6. Civil Engineering students attended International Study Tour on “Applied Construction Project Management” at University of Nottingham, Malaysia in Jan 2019
7. Mechanical Engineering students completed Advanced Robotics training and certification at University of Nottingham, Malaysia in Jan 2019
8. “Education Leadership Award” – Golden Globe Tigers Summit 2018, Malaysia 4th Sept 2018.
9. Outstanding Education Institute (west) Award – ABP News National Education Awards at Mumbai, 7th July 2018.