Mr. Shankar Rao Wakalkar Library, established in the year 2007, is an invaluable resource for students, researchers and faculties of management and engineering.
The college library is well equipped with large number of textbook, reference books, periodicals, journals and newspapers. The number of books in the library at present is about 25846.The library receives 80 journals and 10 magazines in specialized areas. The library consists of reading hall, internet browsing center, reference section, open access periodical and research library. The library has introduced computerized PVC I- card system for the students as well as staff. The library is automated with SLIM 21 Library Software to ease its clientele at various levels while in the library.
The library has developed an unlikely collection of over 25846 books, 1650 CD’s/ DVD’s and over 80 hard copy journals and magazines in last five years. The same tends to grow at a very expediential rate in coming years. The collection details are underneath:
|3.||E & Tc.||691||3082|
|7.||M.E E &Tc||55||157|
|Total (Engineering collection)||4964||17641|
|Total Books (Engineering/MBA/MCA)||6310||25846|
Other Reading material:
|4||E-journals subscription –1)Science-Direct,
2) J-GATE Social & Management Services
|5||CDs/DVDs (Free with Books & Magazines)||1650|
Library Working Hours
|Monday to Saturday||08:00am to 05:30pm|
|Reading room||08:00am to 08:00pm|
|Library closed on||Every Sunday (1st & 3rd Saturday & Public Holiday)|
The library has a separate place exclusively devoted for a digital library. It has in housed with 12 machines with all the A/V facilities. A patron can surf the internet, listen and watch academic related audios & videos in a digital library.
Apart from this, the users from the digital library can also browse the parent library through web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) and even subscribed electronic databases.
The digital library is designed and developed keeping in view the shifting IT environment and the day to day needs of modern students.
Keeping in view the importance of research in the academic sector, the library has provided access to various electronic journal databases. Those databases cater to the research needs of its patrons. The following databases are subscribed by the library:
|2||J-GATE Social & Management Services||http://www.jgateplus.com|
Some important links to OPEN ACCESS databases:
The listed databases are absolutely free and cater to academic and research needs of the patrons
|3||Friends Science Publishers||http://www.fspublishers.org/|
|4||Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS)||http://www.ias.ac.in/|
|5||In-Tech Open Access||http://www.intechopen.com/|
|7||Public Library of Science (PLoS)||http://www.plos.org/|
|8||High Wire Press Archives||http://highwire.stanford.edu/|
|9||De Gruyter Reference Global||http://www.degruyter.com/|
|10||Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)||http://www.doaj.org/|
|16||Scholarly Exchange List||http://www.scholarlyexchange.org/|
|17||Scientific Research Publications||http://www.scirp.org/|
|18||Open Educational Resources||http://www.oercommons.org/|
The Library services are designed to ensure maximum use & participation of the users in the library collection. The services of the library include:
• Computerized Issue/ Return
• Reference Service
• Newspaper clipping
• Current Awareness Service
• Selective Dissemination of Information
• User Orientation/ Information literacy
• New arrival service
- Reading hall
- Book bank
- Earn while Learn
- Reprographic, Scanning
- Softcopy of syllabus and question papers
- Library Website
While using the Library, Please ensure
• All readers are required to maintain discipline in the library.
• Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the Library.
• Seek permission of the library staff before entering the stack room
• The patron should submit his/her Identity card at the counter while entering the library for any purpose.
• The Library remains open on MON – SAT: 08:00 AM – 05:30 PM.
Changes, if any, in the timings will be notified whenever necessary.
• Every person who enters the library will sign the visitor register.
• Deposit your personal belongings at the property counter.
• Switch off Mobile phones or to keep on silent mode in the library premises.
• Follow Instructions given by the librarian or the staff at the counter.
While borrowing and returning of book.
• Books will be issued for a period of 30 days at first instance.
• Four books to PG students and Three books to UG Students (per month) will be issued against their I-Card
• Check the book at the time of issuing. In case of any defect or damage please inform the library staff.
• Return the issued book on or before the due date
• Renewal is compulsory before the due date otherwise the fine will be charged at Rs. 5/- per day.
• Book marked as REFERENCE /Journals/thesis & project reports/maps will not be issued outside the library
• In case of lost or damage of book, replacement of book has to be made by the user.
Care of Library materials:
Library resources are costly and often rare. They are of benefit not only to the present but also the future members of the library. Consequently, nobody should write upon, scribble, damage, turn down the leaves or marks on any library materials. Tracing or copying of any printed material is a serious offence by the copyright law of India. Any person found guilty will himself be solely responsible for such violations and bear the consequences accordingly.
Prof. Narayan Jundre
Librarian & Head,
Indira College of Engineering and Management, Pune
Phone No. 02114-661550
Cell No: 9763843306