Departmental Activities – Students:
- “Bringing scholar together” by a conference on “Insights in Mechanical Engineering ” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering,ICEM in associations with Institute for Research Development, India (IRD) today. The Conference was inaugurated by Mr. Vinayak Chavan , DGM,Sigma Electricals Pvt Ltd,Pune. After scrutiny & review 39 research papers were shortlisted for presentation and publication by various Research scholars. Session Chairpersons Were Dr. Vinay Ugle, College of Military Engineering, Dr. P. A Deshmukh, PCCOE and Dr. Ajit Bhosale, Cummins College of Engineering. It was a good opportunity for the research scholars to present their papers in front of the eminent panelists and received great insight about their research and future enhancements.
- “Mavrix” a technical fest in Mechanical department.Celebrations are most extravagant in ICEM campus on 15-16 February 2017. All staff and students celebrate event enlisted below.
1) Sketch Mechanical. 2) Cad Master. 3) Optical archery. 4) Down hill domination. 5) Mech- cavity.
All events are judged by external judges.
- Mechanical Engineering Department published ‘Mechazine’; biannual magazine.
- One day ICEM level Technical event ‘Mechanica’ is organized on 15th Sept.14.
- Two day intercollegiate Technical event ‘Maverix’ is organized in the month of Feb -Mar 2015.
- The team ALCHEMIST,s design was of an ATV was presented as Baja competition in the BAJA SAE INDIA 2011, 2012 event.
- The team ALCHEMIST,s design was of an Racing car was presented as Supra competition 2014 event.
- Mechanical Department students visited following Industries for industry orientation:
- Shri Sant Tukaram Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd.
- HUSCO Hydraulics Pvt. Ltd.
- KSB Pumps Ltd, Chinchwad.
- Electro pneumatic & hydraulics Ltd.
- Sandvik Asia Dapodi.
- Tolani Maritime Institute.
- ISCON temple,Akurdi.
- Huyandi construction equipment lim.
- Kundan Group Mahindra auto service station.
- Gas Turbine Power plant,Uran.
- General motors Talegaon MIDC.
- Bhatghar power station.
- Deepak ice factory.
- Maxion Wheels.
- Katraj Milk cold storage.
- Mechanical Department conducted guest lecturers from eminent persons from industry , to diminish gap between actual practice in industry and curriculum.
- Mr. Arvind Paranjape (Retired AGM Tata Power Co.) on Power plant.
- Mr.M.B. Shaikh (MD,SAS Engineering) on Industrial automation and PLC.
- Mr.Raju Gadhave (DGM-Operation HUSCO HYDRAULICS PVT. LTD.) on TPM: why and How?
- Mr.Dilip Vispute (Sr. Engg, MAHAGENCO ltd.) on Basic thermodynamics & application.
- Mr.Mangesh Ketkar (Design Head, Pam Pac Ltd.)Do & Don’t and future trends in mechanical engg.
- Capt. Shriniwas on Opportunities in air force.
- Mr. Rushikesh Kulkarni (Technical training manager, Renishaw Metrology ltd.)on Modern trends in metrology and manufacturing technology.
- Mr. Ravindra Kulkani (Ex. Placement Director, TATA Motors) on Project based learning.
- Mr. Prasana Joshi (Sr. Faculty, CAD CAM Guru) on CAD/CAM applications..
- Mr. Appoorv Bapat (Sr. Faculty, Altair Engineering, Pune) on Recent Advances in Computer Aided Engineering & its Applications.
- Ms. Madhuri Sathe (Exe.Director- Corporate Relations,IGI,Pune) on Developing skills for getting placed.
- In the academic year 2014- 15, More than 40 student undertake 1 month internship trainings in various companies:
Departmental Activities – Staff:
- Mechanical Engineering Department Conducted University level faculty development program on 26th – 27th Sep.2014, which is attended by more than 60 participants.
- Prof. Balaji Nelge attended TE Mech Syallabus 2014 detailing workshop at Bharti Vidyapeeths COE, Dhankwadi on 17th Jan 2014.
- Prof. Balaji Nelge attended Manufacturing Process Syallabus 2014 detailing workshop at MIT, Kothrud on 20th Mar 2014.
- Prof. Balaji Nelge attended Metrology & quality control Syallabus 2014 detailing workshop at JSPM, Narhe on 27th Mar 2014.
- Prof. Kiran Devade attended Teacher Tech 2014- ICT tools for teachers workshop at Indseacrh college of business studies, Bhavdhan on 20th -21st June 2014.
- Prof. Mahesh Bhong conducted session on group discussion through AV “Ek Ruka Hua Faisla” under Cohesive lineup activity (CLA) for mechanical staff on 28th June 2014.
- Prof. Kiran Devade attended Innovations Management and Practices workshop at Pimpri Chinchwad college of Engineering, Akurdi on 05th July 2014.
- Prof. Pandurang Chopde attended Syllabus Implementation of Design of Machine Elements I workshop at Bhivarabai Sawant Institite of Technology and Research, Wagholi on 07th – 08th July 2014.
- Prof. Siddeshwar Shirbhate attended Syllabus Implementation of subject, “Design of Machine Elements-I” for TE Mechanical Sandwich workshop at Vishwabharati Academy’s COE, Ahmednagar on 12th July 2014.
- Dr. V. M. kale attended Syllabus Implementation of subject ( As a Resource Person), “Design of Machine Elements-I” for TE Mechanical Sandwich workshop at Vishwabharati Academy’s COE, Ahmednagar on 12th July 2014.
- Prof. Vishal Meshram conducted session on “Ansys Software” under Cohesive lineup activity (CLA) for mechanical staff on 12th July 2014.
- Prof. Rahul Bajaj attended Syllabus Implementation of subject, “Hydraulics and Pneumatics”for TE Mechanical (2012) workshop at Flora Institute of Technology,Khopi, Pune on 14th July 2014.
- Dr. V. M. kale conducted session on “Microsoft Excel for smooth life in Engineering college” under Cohesive lineup activity (CLA) for mechanical staff on 26th July, 23rd Aug. and 13th Sep. 2014.
- Prof. Sagar Chirde attended Syllabus Implementation of subject, “Heat Transfer(2012 Course)” for TE Mechanical workshop at Siddhant College of Engg,Sudumbare, on 27th July 2014.
- Prof. Mahesh Bhong conducted session on group discussion through AV “Making of Lagan” under Cohesive lineup activity (CLA) for mechanical staff on 24th Jan 2015.
- Prof. Vishal Meshram attended workshop on, “Advances and Recent Trends in Industrial Hydraulics” at MKSSS’s Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Karvenagar, Pune- 52, on 08th to 10th Dec. 2014.
- Prof. Rahul Bajaj attended workshop on, “Advances and Recent Trends in Industrial Hydraulics” at MKSSS’s Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Karvenagar, Pune- 52, on 08th to 10th Dec. 2014.
- Prof. Rahul Bajaj attended workshop on, “Applications of Computational Fluid Dynamics in Engineering” at Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s College of Engineering, Karvenagar, on 16th to 17th Jan 2015.
- Prof. Hemant Darokar attended workshop on, “Advances in Engineering Optimization” at Dnyanganga COE & R, Narhe, on 29th to 31st Jan. 2015.
Toppers of UOP exam May June 2014 :
|Second Year (Mech)||Kokane Akshay Balaso||77.73 %|
|Third Year (Mech)||Kawale Suraj Dilip||67.53 %|
|Final Year (Mech)||Apoorva Kakkar||75.07 %|