COVID 19 can lockdown colleges and institutes but unable to stop education. Impermanence is the law of nature, and accordingly, this tough time will also pass, and again we will lead our normal life. Engineering admission processes will start after lockdown will be over. The criteria and Engineering admission process in Maharashtra will be the same as authorized by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of India. Here are some basic eligibility rules for engineering admissions after the 12th.
- A candidate seeking admission in any Engineering course must be a citizen of India.
- Open category candidates should have minimum 50% marks in 12th science; for backward category candidates, 45% marks are required.
- A valid positive score in either MH-CET or JEE Examination is necessary.
- Criteria for admissions are the same for candidates of all boards (CBSC/ICSE/HSC) in India.
For the candidate seeking admission in engineering second year after completion of Diploma have to accomplish the following criteria,
- A candidate seeking second-year engineering admission must be a citizen of India.
- Diploma in engineering or technology with at least 45 % marks must be completed before application.
- For admission in engineering colleges in Maharashtra, backward class category and physically disabled candidates (Resident of Maharashtra state only) are required to have 40% marks in DiplomaDiploma.
- Candidate must have completed his/her DiplomaDiploma from ‘All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)’ approved or its equivalent college.
For Science graduate (BSc) candidates,
- A candidate seeking admission in engineering must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must have completed a B.Sc. degree from the University Grand Commission (UGC) or Association of Indian University’s recognized university with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Backward class category and physically disabled candidates (Resident of Maharashtra state only) are required to have 40% marks in B.Sc.
- Science graduate candidates must have passed HSC with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- For admission in engineering, the candidate has to appear Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics (subjects from first year FE), along with all subjects of the second year (SE).
Admission to any engineering course is a lifetime opportunity as there is a famous quote “Scientists discover the world that exists; engineers create the world that never was.” An aerospace engineer who is also a mathematician, and a physicist ‘Theodore von Karman.’